Stop for a moment and think about all of the things you do to stand out, and separate your products and solutions from your competition. If you’re like most of the companies we’ve come across, you spend a tremendous amount of time, effort and money differentiating. Yet, are you fully taking advantage of the most important method to stand out and win?
I’ve always found it funny to see how much money and complexity people will deal with in an effort to differentiate, yet they rarely spend the time needed something that has virtually no cost, and tremendous leverage. What is that secret?
Know your customer!
Sure, you hear that everywhere, but what does it really mean. The single greatest competitive advantage comes when a company knows and understands their customers better than their customers know and understand themselves.
Before you can fully understand the value of knowing your customer, consider the dangers when you don’t.
The failure to understand your customer deeply enough:
- Forces you to focus on your product or solution, throwing you into the middle of the commoditization trap.
- Creates confusion and increases the risk you take in all aspects of your business.
- Stifles your ability to create real value in the sales process, as you’re limited to only what your customer can understand.
- Eliminates predictability, as you’re forced into a reactive position with your customers.
- Makes your marketing and sales pitch sound like everybody else’s.
- Lengthens the sales cycle and lowers your probability of success as you’re prone to make critical mistakes in the sales process.
When you take the time and put forth the effort know who your customer is, you can now create clear, effective messaging and adopt a strategy to approach your market in a way that will play up your strengths. This is how you differentiate and stand out among the competition.
In a copy-cat world, full of products and services that sound and feel like each other, how do you separate yourself from your competition in order to drive consistent, predictable, and scalable revenue to your business?
It’s all about the who, what, when, where, and why: Once you figure out WHO your customers are, WHAT exactly you need to know about them (and what they want), you’ll need to make sure your timing is right and that you’re reaching your customers WHEN they’re interested, and develop a process that will lead your customers to WHERE you are, while creating content that shows customers WHY they should be doing business with you instead of your competition.
Going forward, the only competitive advantage that you’ll be able to count on is the knowledge of your customer.
While you know it’s important, the question you might be asking is, “How do I get that knowledge, and when I have it, how do I translate that knowledge into predictable, profitable revenue? “
Join us on January 23rd, 2014 from 1:00 to 2:00pm EST, we will answer all of these questions and more in our free webinar, “Understanding Your Customer’s DNA: Turning Knowledge Into Your Sales Advantage.” This webinar will provide you with the roadmap to understanding the “who, what, when, where, and why,” and will teach you what you can do to create a stream of customers who are asking to do business with you.
This webinar will focus on:
- What you need to know about your customer to win bigger sales
- Understanding your customer’s journey to the sale
- Creating the process that will lead to customers seeking you out
- Utilizing that knowledge to dramatically improve your sales and marketing processes
- Introducing the marketing trend of tomorrow: Context Marketing
By the end of this free webinar you will understand exactly how all of these factors combine to make your sales growth predictable, sustainable, and scalable.