December is a tough time to get anything done when you are in sales. In my experience, there are two things that happen between now and the end of the year that can make the time productive.
- This time is great for closing business with people that have been hemming and hawing.
- This time is great to set up meetings for January.
Complete these two steps, act on them, and you’ll be a step ahead of 2011.
- Pick 1 – 3 opportunities that you’ve been working on for some time. Everything has been covered and you know they should make their decision. Call them up and remind them that now is the time to clean the slate and get 2011 off to a fresh clean start.
- Identify 5 – 10 people that you want to meet with but have struggled getting in touch or getting them to commit to meet. Call them within the next seven days and ask for a meeting in early to mid-January.
Here’s a bonus step to make finish 2010 strong:
- Write down the five best things that have happened for you this year. Then answer these points:
- Why is it valuable?
- What can you do to take further advantage of it going forward.