Anyone who knows me, knows I love data and metrics. One of Imagine's core values is "In God We Trust, Everybody Else Better Bring Data." If you've followed this blog for any length of time, you are well aware that we often write about important metrics that you should be tracking.
As six of our most popular posts on the subject would indicate, we take metrics very, very seriously:
- 4 Key Sales Enablement Metrics for Growth-Focused Companies
- The 9 Metrics You Must Be Tracking to Scale B2B Sales Growth
- The 5 Metrics to Assess the Strength of Your Sales Growth
- Creating Effective Sales Performance Metrics
- The 6 Marketing Metrics Your CEO Cares About
- 7 Metrics Inbound Marketers Must Track to Ensure Growth
While I look at a lot of metrics when analyzing and tracking the effectiveness of sales and marketing efforts (some would rightfully claim that I look at too many), I've come to firmly believe that, over and above everything else, there is really only one number that matters. Or, to put it more accurately, if this one number isn't strong, no other metrics matter.
Pause for a moment and think about your business. If you could only focus on one metric to guide decisions on growing your business efficiently and effectively, what would it be? Go ahead, think about it...I'll wait.